For the purpose of supporting the development of Confucius Institutes, facilitating international promotion of Chinese language and dissemination of Chinese culture, as well as cultivating qualified Chinese-language teachers and excellent Chinese-language learners, Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban launches a “Confucius Institute Scholarship” program to sponsor foreign students, scholars and Chinese language teachers to study Chinese in relevant universities of China. According to the relevant document issued by Hanban, the Application for Confucius Institute Scholarships 2017 has opened. Please see the details below:
I. Approved Scholarship Category
Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL)
II. Application Requirements
Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 16 and 35, in good health condition, (Applicant is currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age limit of 45).
IV. Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
Scholarship winners are exempt from tuition, accommodation fees on campus, monthly allowance and comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying in China.
V. Application Procedures
Applicants should log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website at http://cis.chinese.cn, set up an individual account, complete and submit relevant application materials and documents. Afterwards, please print the Application Form and sign your name.
Note: You should choose one recommending institute for you according to your current situation.
Applicants should log on the application website of Shaanxi Normal University at http://iso.snnu.edu.cn, set up an individual account, complete and submit relevant application materials and documents.
1. Please complete the online applications mentioned above before May 15th, 2017.
2. Entrusted by Hanban, Confucius Institutes (independent Confucius Classrooms) in different countries, overseas Chinese language testing centers and educational and cultural sections of Chinese embassy and consulate are working as recommending institutions to engage in the applicant selection, materials review, host institutions connection, and collecting and handing over applicants’ documents to host institutions.
3. Once application will be verified by the host institutions. The host institutions will review the eligibility of applicants and submit the admission list to Hanban.
4. Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and confirm the final admitted applicants within 2 months before the enrollment date.
Applicants should regularly log on your account at the website of Confucius Institute Scholarship to see how the application goes.
VI. Application Materials
1. Photocopy of Passport Photo Page, Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
2. Photocopy of HSK and HSKK Result Report; Winners of the finals of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions may submit the award certificate and the “Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate”.
3. Certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation), and an official transcript.
4. Recommendation letter signed by the head of the recommending institutions (please provide objective comments on the applicant, including whether the applicant is a student of Confucius Institute or other identity. Chinese language teachers shall submit an employment verification letter and a reference letter provided by the institutes they work for.)
5. Applicants of the Scholarship for MTCSOL Students are required to provide 2 reference letters from professors or associate professors. Those who can provide an employment agreement or related documents with the designated teaching institution are preferred.
VII. Admission and Registration
1. The admission notice and other documents will be sent to the admitted
students or the recommendation organizations in July.
2. Admitted students should come to our university for register before the required deadline. Scholarships will not be kept for those who do not register on time without reasonable cause.
3. Scholarships will be canceled for those who cannot pass the health examination.
1. Shaanxi Normal University:
Contact person: Huang Lu (Leonard Huang)
Tel: +86-29-85303569 Fax: +86-29-85303653
Email: email@example.com Website: http://admission.snnu.edu.cn/
2. Division of Testing and Scholarship, Confucius Institute Headquarters / Hanban
5. Confucius Institute Scholarship Website: http://cis.chinese.cn HSK and HSKK Website: http://www.chinesetest.cn