CIUA Event Date:
The Teaching Forum of Chinese as Second Language
--Critical Reading and Writing
September 8, 2017 /Friday/ 6:00 pm-9:30pm (light dinner included)
Day 1 Highlights
1. Comparing Reading Instruction between US and China
2. The Standards of Common Core
3. The Comparison of Chinese and English language
4. The Chinese Teaching as Second Language
5. American Classroom
September 9, 2017 /Friday/ 9:00 am -12:00 noon
Day 2 Highlights
1. Children’s Books and Reading Levels
2. The Teaching Approach of Children’s Books
3. The Teaching Approach of Critical Reading and Writing
4. The Assessment of Chinese Teaching
This event is free and open to the public. Registration limited to 50 teachers.
Please RSVP to email@example.com before September 5.2017
Dr. Wenling Li is a Professor and Program Director of the Ph.D. Program in Educational Leadership at Trident University International. Dr. Li holds her Ph.D. in Cognitive Psychology in Beijing Normal University and had Post doc in Dept. of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Li was senior research scientist at the Center for the Study of Reading (UIUC) for nine years. She has authored five books and numerous articles on dynamic issues in children’s learning and language mastery. She is journal reviewer for many professional journals. She has very rich experiences on both teaching and research.
University Service Building, room 312, 888 N Eucild Ave. Tucson.